Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wow! What an achievement!!

After doing my NNEB at 18 years old, I decided that being a teacher is what I wanted to do! However after taking my maths GCSE 4 times and only getting a D each time, I decided maybe teaching isn't what I was destined to do and went off into youth work!

Two and a half years ago I decided to take voluntary redundancy from the youth service and sat my maths exam again!!! This time I got it and was accepted onto the PGCE course which effectively turned my degree into a teaching qualification!

Today I finished my PGCE course and will get my final marks in two weeks!!

I feel so proud of myself! I feel that I have finally achieved what I wanted to 20 years ago! And the experience that I have had on the way will help to make me a better teacher!!!

This is the cupcake gift that I made for my tutor to say thank you for all her support!!



If you would like to learn how to decorate these cupcakes.....then come and book onto one of my courses starting on sat 11th June 9.30 - 2.30 for 6 weeks or wed 15 June 9.30 - 1.30 for 8 weeks! Contact karen at www.thetextileworkshop.com or ring 07809158606

Carla x

No comments:

Post a Comment